maple walnut pumpkin pie. {Ms. Morgan's Reality Check}

Sep 21, 2012

For the fifth part of the Welcome to Autumn series, my friend Ms. Morgan will be sharing hot to make a delish maple walnut pumpkin pie! That name just screams Autumn to me!
(I missed yesterday's post, but tomorrow there will be two posts! Tomorrow's the last day so I promise it with be spectacular!)

---


As soon as Autumn comes around and canned pumpkin hits the shelves I start stocking up. You can't find it any other time of year. So the first shopping trip I saw pumpkin on the shelf I bought a few cans. Tonight I made a variation of traditional pumpkin pie. 

Instead of simple evaporated milk I used sweetened condensed milk. 
Instead of a traditional crust I used graham cracker crusts. 
And to top it off a brown sugar walnut crumble top. 

Yum.
Yum. 

Ingredients

1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon maple flavoring
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Walnut Topping:
1 (9 inch) Graham cracker pie crust or unbaked pie shell
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.


In large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, maple flavoring, ginger, nutmeg and salt; mix well. Pour into pie shell.

Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 350 degrees F; continue baking 30 minutes.
In medium mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts.

Remove pie from oven; top evenly with crumb mixture. Return to oven 10 minutes. Cool. Garnish as desired. Store covered in refrigerator.
---
Thanks so much! These pies look totally amazing.
Don't forget to check out Ms. Morgan's blog and then come back tomorrow for the LAST day of Welcome to Autumn! xo. Kate